There are many kinds of piercings, ranging from the modest Prince Albert to the anti-tragus and outer conch. One type of tongue piercing is snakebite tongue piercing. Snakebites (or twin lower lip piercings) have endured time as a well-liked option with strong sex appeal. We have the information for you right here, whether you’re wondering how painful a Snakebite tongue piercing is, how long it will take to heal, or anything else.
What is a Snakebite tongue piercing?
Two piercings on your lower lip, close to the corners of your mouth, make up a Snakebite tongue piercing. Its name refers to the intimidating appearance it produces, which is comparable to having snake fangs.
Labret studs and rings are both used in some snakebites. It differs from a snake-eye piercing in that regard, which is done on your tongue.
What is the price?
Depending on your piercer, a Snakebite tongue piercing will cost you between $80 and $120 for the two piercings and the jewelry that goes with it.
What Kinds of Jewelry Are Appropriate to Wear?
Jewelry for Snakebite tongue piercings is available as:
- Labret studs are tiny, barbell-like objects with a flat end within and an outside ring.
- A ring around your whole lower lip
If the first one the piercer uses seems flimsy, feel free. After the piercing, your lower lip will enlarge. You can switch to a better fit once it has healed.
Types of Materials Used to Make Snakebite Tongue Piercing?
The Association of Professional Piercers (APP) recommends the following components for your jewelry for Snakebite tongue piercing:
- Surgical steel
The International Standards Organization (ISO) and the American Society for Testing and Materials Standard (ASTM International) provide further information on how to ensure the safety of various jewelry types:
- Surgical steel must comply with EEC [European] Nickel Directive, ASTM F-138, ISO 5832-1, ISO 10993-(6, 10, or 11), and ISO 5832-1.
- To meet the requirements of ASTM F-136, ASTM F1295, and ISO 5832-3, titanium must be implant-certified (Ti6Al4V ELI). If it complies with ASTM F-67, you can also utilize titanium, which is commercially available.
- For usage as body jewelry, gold must be 14k or above, yellow, rose, or white, nickel- and cadmium-free, and appropriately alloyed. Note that since it is too soft, gold that is 18k or above is not suited.
- Fused quartz glass, lead-free borosilicate, or lead-free soda-lime glass should all be used in glass jewelry.
Even if it all seems technical now, it will be helpful if you decide to do more research. You may learn more about the materials used by your piercer from them.
A Snakebite Tongue Piercing’s Pros and Cons
Comparing a Snakebite tongue piercing to comparable lip or facial piercings is a matter of taste.
The piercing from a snakebite is
- A distinctive and stylish appearance
- Anyone may find a severe sexual attraction, regardless of gender.
- A look that highlights your face symmetry and brings focus to your lips
- simple and reasonably priced to obtain
- easily maintained
- A quick reference for speaking Parseltongue
- It’s a look that’s difficult to conceal on formal occasions or job interviews.
- The time and anguish are multiplied by two.
- You risk developing dental and gum issues if you have mouth jewelry.
How Painful is a Snakebite Tongue Piercing?
Yes, it will hurt. You’re forcing some metal into your body. Depending on your sensitivity to pain, it may hurt more or less. It hurts more than getting your ear or nose pierced but less than getting your nipples or genitals done, according to a thorough search of piercing culture websites and subreddits.
Make care to clean your jewelry and body piercings. Due to this,
- help it recover
- reduce the chance of infection
And each of those is positive.
How long does it take for snakebites to heal?
If you take care of your piercing, it should recover in 4 to 6 weeks. As you progress through the stages of recovery, the discomfort may persist for up to a month before fading. The duration of swelling may be between three and five days, but you may shorten it by switching to cold beverages.
Of course, they are only broad illustrative numbers. Everybody recovers in their own way. Healing might take longer if you smoke or have any health issues.
How Is a Snakebite Tongue Piercing Done?
The procedure for having this kind of lip piercing is comparable to most others. Each piercer will operate in its own manner. However, a typical procedure may go something like this:
- The piercer examines your lower lip to ensure it can support the piercing.
- You will choose your jewelry and consent documentation.
- An antiseptic wipe takes care of your outer lip, while a mouthwash dosage reduces the bacteria in your mouth.
- The piercer ensures you are satisfied with the entrance places by marking them on your body using a body marker.
- The barbell or ring is then threaded through a hollow needle inserted through your lip.
- You only need to use one more mouthwash before you’re done.
- You get 20,000 sexy points by posing for an album cover of a post-hardcore band.
The Risks of Getting a Snakebite Tongue Piercing
You recently pierced your lip with metal, so it’s typical to endure discomfort, bleeding, and swelling for around a week following your surgery. However, there are specific, more severe hazards connected to piercings generally, so you should be aware of them. They consist of the following:
- A piercing-related infection, a lack of sterilization, or inadequate aftercare (including HIV transmission, tetanus, hepatitis B and C, or other blood-borne diseases)
- Allergies, especially if the jewelry you wear contains nickel, which can irritate skin sensitive to the metal.
- Over-the-top bleeding or swelling that persists for more than a week
- teeth injury brought on by unintentionally chewing jewelry or excessive tooth friction
- Choke on shattered jewels.
- exceedingly uncommon yet recorded incidences of brain abscesses
- Your nerves are harmed (again, very rare, but it has happened)
- Drooling (not life-threatening, although piercings can increase the production of saliva) (not life-threatening, but piercings can increase the production of saliva)
Suitable post-piercing care
You can do several things after getting your brand-new piercing to keep it clean and clear of infection as it heals. This comprises:
- Consuming soup or soft meals for a few days.
- Use a toothbrush with a gentle head.
- using diluted mouthwash or a sea-salt rinse to clean your mouth before bed
- It would help if you washed your hands before touching the piercing.
- Adding ice to beverages to reduce swelling
- Elevating your head as you sleep with an additional pillow to reduce edema
- Taking ibuprofen or other NSAIDs first thing in the morning for the first week.
Like any other body art, Snakebite tongue piercings come with dangers and discomfort. But snakebites may be a secure and eye-catching appearance if you try to choose a reliable tongue piercer and do your part to maintain the piercing clean.
Employers are changing their outdated policies about tattoos and body piercings at work, making it more acceptable than ever to express yourself openly. This can be the best choice if you’re seeking something new to showcase your uniqueness.