WordPress is undoubtedly one of the most potent and flexible CMSs out there. Installing WordPress is a quick and easy process known for its five-minute installation. Without any programming knowledge, you can still build your site with the help of a WordPress installation tutorial. Of course, you should have enough knowledge about using a computer, because managing a web server panel is a bit complicated, to say the least.
In general, to install WordPress, you must download the latest version from this link. Then upload the downloaded file to your site host and install and configure it.
With the help of WordPress, you can launch all kinds of blogs like news, educational content, tourism-related guides, files to download, etc. This CMS has many plugins in its repository, most of which are free and are used to add more features to the site. For example, we can mention the WooCommerce plugin which is used for the shopping section of store sites.
Advantages of WordPress include continuous and free updates, flexibility, quick and easy installation, advanced and complete content management tools, support for various templates, and support for thousands of plugins.
Advantages Of A WordPress Site
- Cost reduction: Setting up a WordPress site is much cheaper than setting up those that are specifically coded. Moreover, you do not need a coder to update and make changes on the site, and you can easily apply the changes and updates yourself.
- Beautiful appearance: There are thousands of templates for WordPress that you can install with just a few clicks and customise to your liking with a few clicks.
- Simple admin panel: WordPress counter is a straightforward panel through which anyone can manage their site without any extraordinary complexity.
- SEO: WordPress is entirely standard and clean coded. This will help you a lot in SEO.
- Free update: You do not need to do anything special to update the WordPress site; just click the update button and leave the rest to dear WordPress.
- Security: WordPress has a high level of security, and if there is a bug or software problem, updating it will fix those bugs. There are also many security plugins for WordPress.
The Cost Of Designing A WordPress Aite
So far, we have understood why we should use WordPress CMS. Now, we want to examine the cost of building a site with WordPress.
In the beginning, you need a domain name and hosting space to store information, which is separate from the cost of building a WordPress site, and you have to pay a sum annually based on the tariffs of hosting companies. Hosting and domain costs can vary depending on your needs.
Buying a new domain usually costs between $10 and $20 a year. The price differs depending on what registrar you buy, your domain name and the type of domain you buy (.com, .net, etc).
After purchasing a host and domain, you need a WordPress template. You can buy them from reputable sites, which also have variable prices based on features and performance.
In general, with one month of training, you can create a WordPress site without any other cost (you only have to pay for domain and hosting), but to save time and avoid mistakes, it is better to hire a specialist for this task.
You need a template for the look and feel of your website in WordPress. In the template, the location of the header, footer, sidebar, NavBar, etc., is specified. Various site plugins are installed in this template. Sometimes, changing the template is only a little less costly than designing the website. But it’s important to note that you can produce a WordPress site template in different ways. A template can be custom developed for a client and in some cases, ready-made templates are used.
Dedicated Template Design
Maybe you have a specific design for your website in mind. Either you do not find a website as a model, or you want your site design to be completely different. In this case, you go to a web designer, and firstly, with the designer’s help on the PSD file, you create the site as a graphic designer. After the designing process, changes, edits, and finalising the design, it is written and implemented by a programmer with different languages and codes. This method is probably the most expensive and time-consuming. But it has its advantages. Approaching the customer’s tastes and desires brings the website closer to business goals.
You have other options for creating your website template. For example, using ready-made templates or creating a template of well-known woodpecker templates. But first, let’s see what a ready-made template is to see the benefits of Woodpecker WordPress templates.
WordPress Ready-made Templates
You have many options for using WordPress ready-made templates, but choosing one from these options could prove challenging. If you want to use a ready-made template, pay attention to the following.
You must choose a template that:
- Is adjustable, flexible, and (more)
- Has a good performance; for example, one that doesn’t slow down the site due to its weight
- Does not depend on the manufacturer for changes
- Does not need annual updates
- Has no security problems
- Is suitable for SEO
There are many ready-made templates on the Internet. Some are even free. But you can go to foreign and domestic template sales websites to get ready-made templates. Of course, it does not seem likely that templates with the elements mentioned above are available on these websites. If they do, they are pretty expensive. That is the price for choosing ready-made templates. It’s always a hit or miss.
Possible Problems With Ready-made Templates:
- Their development quality is low, and they have many bugs
- Some of their codes are encrypted, and some of them can not be changed and edited
- Due to many plugins and external links, the template might hurt the performance
- They have a non-proprietary design to the type and subject of the website
- They are not secure and/or contain malicious codes
Next, you need to install, configure and customise the WordPress template(s) on your host. After installation, you have to submit your content to the designer so that they can implement them into the site, and then your website is ready. And after that, you can easily make changes and updates on your site.
Of course, it is not so simple, but it is much easier than coding. The cost of setting up a site with WordPress includes the things we mentioned earlier and also these:
- Site type: The price of designing a website with WordPress varies depending on the type of site you want, from the types of sites to personal, corporate, single page, etc. For example, the price of a store site with WordPress will be higher than a one-page site.
- Site features: You may want to add more features to your website that are different from the ones on a template and vary depending on your needs. The cost of designing a WordPress site with more features will increase.
- Basic information: This one also depends on the amount of content you want to put on your site, which is more of a factor for store sites to display their products.
- Expertise: Quality of work is one of the most critical factors in website design, which depends on the expertise and experience of the individual or web design company and their work.
These factors affect the cost of designing a site with WordPress.
WordPress installation cost
Most WordPress template sites will install the template on your host for free if you have purchased a domain and hosting, and you do not have to pay to install the WordPress template. You have to do the rest yourself including editing, personalising, and entering information. Of course, if you leave the whole design of your site to the web design company, they will also do the installation and personalisation work.
In this article, we tried to express the importance of designing a site with WordPress and the cost of designing a WordPress site. Due to the variable design costs, we can never propose a fixed number because it depends on the factors mentioned above.
When designing a WordPress site, each section has its details in this article. We could not go into details for each step, but in future articles, rest assured that we will.
Thank you very much for being with us so far. Be sure to share your comments, suggestions, and experiences with us for our other readers to use. Also, if you have any questions, you can comment on this post below.