If you want to protect yourself or your kids from accessing inappropriate content on your phone, you might be wondering how to block adult websites permanently. Adult websites can expose you to malware, viruses, phishing, other online threats, and unwanted or harmful images and videos. Blocking adult websites can help you stay focused and productive, avoid distractions, and save bandwidth and battery life.
Fortunately, there are several ways to block adult websites on your phone, depending on the type of device and browser you use. This article will show you how to block adult websites on Android and iPhone devices using different methods such as security apps, website blockers, and firewalls.
Why Would You Need to Block Adult Websites on Your Phone?
There are several reasons why someone might want to block adult websites on their phone:
- Protecting children: If you have children who use your phone or have their phones, you may want to block adult content to protect them from exposure to inappropriate material.
- Avoiding temptation: Some individuals may find it difficult to resist the temptation of visiting adult websites and may want to block them to avoid being tempted.
- Personal values: Some people may have values or beliefs they do not want to violate by accessing adult content.
- Workplace policies: Employers may require employees to block adult content on their work phones to prevent distractions and maintain a professional environment.
- Legal reasons: In some countries, accessing adult content may be illegal, and individuals may want to block such content to avoid any legal issues.
Overall, blocking adult websites on your phone can help you maintain control over your online activity and protect yourself or others from the potential negative effects of accessing inappropriate content.
How to Block Adult Websites on Android Devices
Android devices have a variety of browsers and apps that can access the internet, so blocking adult websites on them can be a bit tricky. However, some solutions can help you block adult websites on your Android phone permanently.
Use a Security App
One of the easiest ways to block adult websites on your Android phone is to use a security app that provides web filtering and parental controls. For example, Mobile Security and Antivirus from Trend Micro is a free app that protects your phone from viruses, malware, ransomware, and other online threats. It also lets you block unwanted websites with parental controls. Here are the steps to use Mobile Security to block adult websites on your Android phone:
- Download and install Mobile Security from the Google Play Store.
- Open Mobile Security and scroll down to Parental Controls.
- Enter the password for your Trend Micro account. If you don’t have one, you can create one for free.
- Tap Website Filter and turn it on.
- Tap Allow Now and follow the instructions to grant the necessary permissions to Mobile Security.
- Choose an age setting for the parental controls. You can customize the settings later.
- Tap Blocked List and tap Add.
- Enter the name and URL of the website you want to block and tap Save.
You can repeat the last two steps to add more websites to the blocked list. You can also edit or delete the blocked websites by tapping on them.
Use a Website Blocker
Another way to block adult websites on your Android phone is to use a website blocker app that lets you schedule times when certain apps and websites are off-limits. For example, BlockSite is a free app that blocks adult sites automatically and lets you set up work modes and schedules for blocking websites and apps. Here are the steps to use BlockSite to block adult websites on your Android phone:
- Download and install BlockSite from the Google Play Store.
- Open BlockSite and tap the plus sign (+) in the lower-right corner.
- Type the website URL you want to block and tap the green check mark.
- If you want to schedule a time when the website is blocked, tap the alarm clock icon and set up the start, end, and days of the week. Turn on Schedule.
You can repeat these steps to add more websites to the blocked list. You can also edit or delete the blocked websites by tapping on them.
Use a Firewall
A third way to block adult websites on your Android phone is to use a firewall app to control which apps and websites can access the internet. For example, NoRoot Firewall is a free app that does not require root access and lets you create filters for blocking websites. Here are the steps to use NoRoot Firewall to block adult websites on your Android phone:
- Download and install NoRoot Firewall from the Google Play Store.
- Open NoRoot Firewall and go to Global Filters.
- Tap New Pre-filter at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the website URL you want to block in the Address field.
- Set Port to asterisk (*) which means all ports.
- Set Protocol to TCP/UDP which means both protocols.
- Set Action to Deny, which means blocking access.
- Tap OK.
You can repeat these steps to add more websites.
How to Block Adult Websites on Your iPhone
To protect yourself or your children from accessing inappropriate content on your phone, you may want to block adult websites permanently. This can help you avoid unwanted exposure to harmful or offensive material and improve your productivity and focus. In this article, we will show you how to block adult websites on your phone using different methods for iPhone devices.
Depending on your preferences and needs, there are also several ways to block adult websites on iPhone devices. Here are some of the most common methods:
- Use the built-in Screen Time feature: The Screen Time feature allows you to monitor and limit your device usage and restrict access to certain content and apps. To use this feature, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and turn on the toggle switch. Then, you need to tap on Content Restrictions > Web Content and choose one of the following options:
- Limit Adult Websites: This option will block most adult websites automatically and allow you to add specific websites to the allowed or blocked list.
- Allowed Websites Only: This option will only allow access to the websites you add to the list and block all other websites.
- Use a third-party browser: A third-party browser can provide more features and options than the default Safari browser, such as blocking adult websites or other unwanted content. One example of such a browser is Spin Safe Browser, which filters out adult content, violence, gambling, drugs, social media, and other categories. To use this browser, you need to download it from the App Store and set it as your default browser.
Blocking adult websites on your phone can be beneficial for various reasons, such as protecting yourself or your children from harmful content, improving your productivity and focus, or saving bandwidth and battery life. Depending on your device type and preferences, you can choose one of the above methods to block adult websites permanently. However, remember that no method is 100% foolproof and that you may still need to supervise your device usage or educate yourself or your children about online safety.
A firewall is an app that helps you control the network traffic on your device and prevent unwanted connections. One example of such an app is NoRoot Firewall, which lets you create filters for specific websites or apps and block them from accessing the internet.
These methods effectively block most adult websites but are not 100% foolproof. Some websites may still slip through the filters or be accessed through other means. Therefore, you may still need to supervise your device usage or educate yourself or your children about online safety.
You can unblock adult websites by reversing the steps you took to block them. For example, you can disable the parental controls in the security app or the website blocker, remove the firewall filters, change the Screen Time feature settings, or switch back to the default Safari browser.
Blocking adult websites may have drawbacks or risks depending on your situation. For example, you may miss out on useful or educational information that is not necessarily inappropriate, encounter technical issues or errors with some apps or features, or face legal or ethical challenges if you block adult websites without consent or authorization.
You can find more information or support about blocking adult websites by visiting the official websites or help pages of the apps or features that you use, contacting their customer service or technical support teams, reading online reviews or forums from other users who have similar experiences or questions, or consulting with experts or professionals who specialize in online safety or parental control.