Snapchat is a fun and enjoyable app, but users sometimes become too inventive with their usernames, making it difficult to keep track of who is who. If you have a Snapchat friend whose display name you can’t quite recall, don’t panic; you can simply change it. Because Snapchat users can alter their display names as much as they wish, some people constantly changing their usernames to keep their friends guessing. However, if you don’t want to be continually guessing who is on your Snapchat list, you can easily choose a custom name. We’ll teach you how to change someone’s Snapchat name in a few simple steps.
Method #1: changing someone’s Snapchat name on Android
To modify someone’s Snapchat display name, Android users can do the following:
- Open the Snapchat app and sign in (if you haven’t already).
- In the top-left corner of the screen, tap the profile symbol.
- Scroll down and click ‘My Friends’ (located under ‘Friends’).
- Tap and hold on the name of the person whose name you wish to alter.
- A pop-up window will appear with many options; choose ‘Manage Friendship.’
- In the next pop-up, select ‘Edit Name.’
- Enter the new name you wish to use for this individual and press the ‘Save’ button.
The person’s name will be changed in your Snapchat contacts immediately. Remember that it is only for you, and that this edit will not be visible to your friend.
Method #2: changing Someone’s Snapchat name on iOS
The method for modifying a friend’s name on Snapchat on the iPhone is slightly different. However, the following steps should make things easier for you:
- Sign in to Snapchat on your iPhone.
- Tap the Snapchat symbol in the top-center of the camera screen, or slide down to the main menu.
- Now, choose ‘My Friends.’
- Tap on the name of the person whose name you wish to edit.
- You’ll see a setting option next to their username; click it.
- Select ‘Edit Name.’
- When you’re finished, type in the new name for this individual and hit ‘Save.’
When you save, that person’s new name will appear in your Snapchat list of contacts.
Changing your own Snapchat display name
The techniques above discuss changing other people’s display names on Snapchat, but what if you want to change your own? We also have a tutorial for that; both Android and iOS have identical processes for this, so we’ve combined them.
- Sign in to Snapchat.
- Tap the profile icon (your Snapchat Bitmoji or a yellow dot if you don’t have one).
- To change your name, tap on it.
- Enter the new name you wish to use and press the ‘Save’ button.
Your name will be modified, and it will be visible to you and future friends; current friends will continue to see the name you had when they initially added you.
Changing your Snapchat username
Snapchat has finally begun to push out the ability to change your username. It’s worth noting that you can alter your Snapchat username just once each year. For this demonstration, we used an Android device, but the processes are the same on an iPhone. Now that that’s out of the way, let’s look at how to modify your Snapchat username.
- Launch Snapchat and tap the Bitmoji (or profile) symbol in the top-left area to access your profile. When the profile page loads, press the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Next, under the “My Account” section, tap on “Username” and then “Change Username” to change your existing Snapchat username.
- Snapchat will now notify you that you can only edit your username once per year. To acknowledge, tap “Continue,” then write your new username in the “Username” textbox and push the “Next” button.
- Enter your password and then click the “Confirm” button. To confirm the modifications, press “Continue” when the confirmation window displays.
That’s all there is to it! Snapchat will provide a confirmation pop-up stating you have successfully changed your Snapchat username. You must wait a year before you can change your username again, as we mentioned before.
Frequently asked questions
How frequently can I edit someone’s Snapchat name?
On Snapchat, you can edit someone’s name as many times as you like.
Can I use an emoji while naming a Snapchat friend?
Yes, you can use emoticons for your Snapchat friends’ names.
What is the character limit for a Snapchat name?
It must be less than 30 characters long.
What more characters can I include in my Snapchat handle?
Snapchat supports letters, numbers, punctuation, and spaces. Apostrophes, dashes, and emoji can also be used.
How can I tell if someone changed my Snapchat name?
You won’t know if someone altered your Snapchat name. Only the person who made the modification will be able to see it.
Whether you want to edit your friend’s name to something more amusing or instantly recognizable, these easy approaches should make the process go smoothly. It only takes a few touches on your screen to add them to your Snapchat friends list. Now that you’ve learned how to change your and others’ name, you may want to learn about changing your birthday on Snapchat! Hope you enjoyed this article.