Did you know that clearing your YouTube cache can help keep your devices to run more smoothly? Not only that, but it can also help remove your viewing history and stop YouTube from suggesting videos that it thinks you might like. In this article, we’ll show you how to clear your YouTube cache on both desktop and the mobile app. So, if you’re tired of seeing the same old videos and want to free up some space on your device, keep reading!
Why Would You Need to Clear Cache on YouTube?
Clearing the cache on YouTube will free up space on your device and make it run faster. Deleting the YouTube cache on your computer won’t free up much space on your hard drive, but it can help fix loading issues when watching videos. Once the cache is cleared, it may take some time for your device to download the necessary data again. Therefore, it is important to be patient while launching the YouTube app.
How to clear YouTube cache on iPhone
The simplest way to clear the cache of a particular app on your iPhone is to reinstall it. One way to do that is:
- Unlock your iPhone and find the YouTube app.
- Long press the YouTube icon.
- Select “Remove App”.
- Confirm the action by tapping Delete App. After deleting YouTube, go to the App Store and download it again.
How to clear YouTube cache on Android
To clear the YouTube app cache on an Android device, follow these general steps, which may vary slightly depending on your phone manufacturer:
- Open your phone’s settings app and look for either “Apps” or “Apps and Notifications.”
- Find the YouTube app in the list of apps and select it.
- On the YouTube app page, tap on “Storage and cache.”
- Then, choose “Clear cache.”
After clearing the cache, go back to the YouTube app to check if your issues have been resolved. Hopefully, everything works smoothly now!
How to clear YouTube cache on Desktop
When it comes to clearing the YouTube cache on a desktop, the process is a little different. Since you can’t clear the cache of a specific website, you’ll need to clear the cache for all websites at once. Here are the steps for the most popular web browsers:
- Click on the three dots at the top right of the browser window.
- Select “More tools” and then “Clear browsing data.”
- Choose a time range at the top. To delete everything, select “All time.”
- Check the box next to “Cached images and files.”
- Click “Clear data.”
- Click on “Safari” in the top left next to the Apple icon.
- Choose “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the “Advanced” tab in the preferences menu.
- Check the box next to “Show Develop menu in the menu bar.”
- Go back to the menu bar and click “Develop.”
- Click “Empty Caches” in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the menu icon (three horizontal lines).
- Go to “Privacy and security.”
- In the “Cookies and Site Data” section, click “Clear Data.”
- Uncheck the box next to “Cookies and Site Data.”
- Click the “Clear” button.
Clearing cache on YouTube can help improve the performance of your device and remove your viewing history, as well as stop YouTube from suggesting videos that it thinks you might like. Whether you’re using an Android, iPhone, or desktop computer, clearing your YouTube cache is a simple process that can be done in a few simple steps. By following the instructions provided in this article, you can free up space on your device and ensure that YouTube runs smoothly.
If you found this article helpful, don’t forget to subscribe to our website’s newsletter to receive updates on our recently published articles about technology, business, lifestyle, and health. Stay informed and up-to-date with the latest news and tips by joining our community today!
Yes, clearing the cache on YouTube can remove your viewing history. This can be helpful if you want to keep your viewing habits private or if you’re having issues with videos not playing correctly.
No, clearing the cache on YouTube will not affect your saved videos or subscriptions. These are stored separately from your cache and will still be accessible after clearing your cache.
No, you cannot clear the cache of a specific website on a desktop. You’ll need to clear the cache for all websites at once. The steps for doing this vary slightly depending on your web browser but generally involve accessing the browser’s settings and selecting “Clear browsing data” or a similar option.
After clearing the cache, it may take some time for your device to download the necessary data again. The amount of time it takes depends on the speed of your internet connection and the size of the cache being downloaded. It’s important to be patient while launching the YouTube app after clearing the cache.