When it comes to sneakers, I normally have to stop myself from purchasing more Nike Air Force Ones. But some shoes call for me me, and I can’t ignore their siren song, which led me to StockX. While the name may conjure up images of a stock trading website, StockX is an online marketplace where you can buy, bid on, and sell sneakers, streetwear, luxury handbags, accessories, and anything in between.
After some research, I decided this was something I had to share with you. In this article, I’m going to walk you through all the things you need to get started on StockX so you can bid and successfully buy the products you’ve always wanted. After all, I’m always the one with the best deals, so without further ado, here’s how to get some of StockX’s most hyped sneakers!
What exactly is StockX?
StockX, unlike other sites that offer peer-to-peer selling, allows you to track the price of those Yeezys you’ve been eyeing. Those letters scrolling at the bottom of the screen? These aren’t stock shoes; they’re sneaker models! You can also see how much more you’re paying than the retail price to ensure you’re not getting ripped off.
Buying on StockX is a cross between buying from an official website and buying from a site like Carousell. When regular people post listings, you get a wide range of items. However, because the item is shipped to StockX before being delivered to you, StockX will verify its authenticity before sending it to you! This way, you get a good deal while also ensuring that you are not purchasing a knockoff.
How do I open a StockX account?
Thankfully, the signup process is extremely simple. Just navigate to the StockX website and click the “Sign Up” button in the upper right corner. Then you can register with your Google, Facebook, Apple, or Twitter account. You can also sign up with an email and a password if you prefer.
How Does StockX Function?
It took me a while to figure this out as well, so don’t feel bad if you didn’t understand how StockX works on your first visit. This is just something experienced by all new users and there is nothing weird about it. If you are a Buyer, you can do the following:
1. Purchase at the lowest asking price
2. Place a bid on a product
3. Monitor daily prices using “stock-style” indexes.
If you mean to sell something you should:
1. Create a product listing
2. Determine your bid or purchase price.
3. Send your product to StockX for inspection.
As previously stated, StockX will be in charge of facilitating the transaction. If you are a buyer or bidder, StockX will first receive the product from the seller to ensure its authenticity before shipping it to you. StockX listings, like any other e-commerce site, are sorted by-products rather than seller profiles.
How Do I Place a Bid on StockX?
The bidding process on StockX is fairly simple. I’ll walk you through it step by step below, so you know exactly what you need to do.
- Locate the product and click the green “Buy or Bid” button.
- Determine Your Size
- Click “Place Bid.”
- Enter the Amount of Your Bid
- Determine the bid expiration date.
- Determine how long you want to bid for.
- Include the YouTrip Card as a payment method.
- Select MasterCard as the card type and enter your YouTrip card information.
- Enter Your Billing Information
- Review Your Specifications and Bid
- 11. Relax and wait for your bid to be accepted!
All bids are set to expire after 30 days. But what if you want to change the expiration date of your bid after you’ve already placed it? Don’t worry; it’s simple! Simply follow the steps outlined below.
- Navigate to the “My Account” section of StockX.
- Go to your “Buying” tab and select the bid you want to change.
- To edit your bid, click the pencil icon.
- Under the Bid Expiration tab, select “30 days.”
- Change the number of days you want your bid to last.
The purchase will be automatic once a seller posts the item you’re looking for at the Lowest Ask price that matches your bid. You will not be able to cancel your bid once it has been accepted. So, before you place your bid, make sure you’re okay with paying your bid price!
What Is the Difference Between StockX Buying and Bidding?
Assume the Lowest Ask price for a pair of Yeezys in your size is US$220 (S$301.30). If that is a price you are willing to pay, you will not need to bid! You can avoid the bidding process entirely by purchasing your kicks directly. If you want to know how to do that, I’ve got you covered. I’ll go over how to buy from StockX down below!
How Do I Purchase on StockX?
Have you decided to accept the Lowest Ask price and not bid? Fortunately for you, the buying process is similar to the bidding process – except for the waiting! Here are the steps you must take:
1. Search StockX for the product you want to buy.
2. Select “Buy or Bid” from the drop-down menu.
3. If applicable, select the size/color of your item.
4. Click “Buy Now.”
5. Configure your payment method: With the proper settings, you can use your YouTrip card or your Paypal account linked to your YouTrip card.
6. Create your mailing address
7. Click “Review Purchase.”
8. Click “Confirm Purchase.”
The platform is straightforward to use. You can make offers to buy and sell, similar to eBay, or you can buy right away. Payment must be made with a credit card and either Paypal or a bank account.
There’s a huge selection of sneakers and other streetwear items here, and if you have something to sell, you’ll undoubtedly meet a lot of people who want to buy it. Furthermore, StockX inspects the articles by hand for quality and authenticity. As a result, as a buyer, you can rest assured that you will only receive high-quality goods.