When a user’s birthday rolls around, Snapchat will typically display a cute little birthday cake emoji next to their username. In the middle of our hectic schedules, this might be helpful for us to remember birthdays and offer birthday wishes. And it is of great help if you are trying to maintain your streaks! But how exactly can you check to see whether someone’s birthday is coming up on Snapchat? The processes involved in getting upcoming birthdays on an Android device and an iOS device are just slightly different from one another, but the end result is the same! Let’s see how using Snapchat to plan birthdays helps us get a little bit ahead of the game.
How To See Upcoming Birthdays on an iOS Device?
Snapchat is an app that has a broad range of features that go much beyond the typical interactive gimmicks. It might be quite helpful to keep track of impending birthdays. Let’s look at the several ways that can be done on an iOS device:
- Start up the Snapchat application on your iOS device.
- Simply choose the conversation icon located at the very bottom of the navigation bar.
- Open any conversation by tapping on its icon. It is important to refrain from tapping on the friend’s Bitmoji because doing so will open their profile.
- Choose the symbol in the lower right corner of the screen that looks like a rocket.
- Click the ‘Open’ button that’s next to the ‘Birthdays’ heading.
- You are now able to view all of the upcoming birthdays, beginning with the one that is the closest.
How To See an Upcoming Birthday on an Android Device?
Snapchat’s functionality is very much identical on both iOS and Android devices. However, because the user interface is a little bit different, the steps may be slightly different. It is strongly recommended that you ensure you are using the most recent version of Snapchat and that your device has the most recent software update. Here is a rundown of the steps that need to be completed on your Android device in order to view the upcoming birthdays of your friends on Snapchat:
- Start up the Snapchat app on your Android device.
- Simply choose the chat bubble symbol located at the very bottom of the navigation bar.
- Click on any of the chats to enter it.
- After the chat window has opened, choose the symbol shaped like a rocket that is located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click the ‘Birthdays’ button.
- You are now able to view the upcoming birthdays of all of your friends in the order that they happen.
How To Set Up Your Own Birthday?
We are going to presume that you would also like to celebrate your own birthday! In order for your friends to wish you a happy birthday in advance, you need to make sure that your birthday is set up on your profile. The following are the actions that need to be taken in order to set your birthday:
- To use Snapchat, open the application on your mobile device.
- Tap on your Bitmoji, which is located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- To access the settings, use the gear icon located in the upper right corner.
- Under “My Account,” choose the “Birthday” option.
- Create a birthday for yourself, or change the date if it’s incorrect.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- To confirm the changes, tap the “OK” button.
Your friends will be able to add your birthday to their list of “upcoming birthdays” and will receive a notification when it is time to celebrate your special day.
Commonly asked questions
Why am I unable to view the birthday information for my contacts?
If the Birthday Page is unable to create data for some of your Snapchat contacts, it means that those contacts have not provided permission for the app to use the information in question. The same is true for your account as well. If you haven’t given the platform permission to show the information to your contacts, they won’t be able to discover when your birthday is. In addition, the birthday feature will only show a user’s birth date, not their age or the year they were born.
Where can I see a list of upcoming birthdays in the Snapchat app for the iPad?
You simply need to proceed in the same manner as you would with any other iOS device. Open the Snapchat app, navigate to your conversations, choose a friend’s conversation from the list, and then choose the rocket emoji. If you go to the tab labeled “Birthdays,” you will be able to see a list of all of the upcoming birthdays.
Will Snapchat notify me when it’s someone’s birthday?
No, Snapchat will not notify you when one of your friends’ birthdays rolls around, but if they have a cake emoji next to their username, you will know it’s their special day!
Our world is increasingly becoming dominated by digital technology. And the absurdity of the situation is that practically all of the time, we forget birthdays even when we have our phones in our hands. Apps like Snapchat provide us with helpful reminders to prevent us from embarrassing ourselves. However, one thing that sets Snapchat apart from other apps is that it displays a list of upcoming birthdays. This feature, which is quite helpful given that the program is designed to be used on a daily basis, is Snapchat’s unique selling point. If you liked this article, you may also want to read our blog on how to change your birthday on Snapchat. You will find it quite helpful.