Snapchat is a popular social media app that allows users to send and receive temporary messages, photos, and videos. It also offers various features such as filters, stickers, lenses, and stories to make the snaps more fun and creative. However, for those new to Snapchat, some of the symbols and acronyms commonly used on the app may be confusing. One of them is X, which stands for eXit. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive explanation of what X means on Snapchat, how to use it, and some alternative meanings of X.
What Does X Mean on Snapchat?
X is a symbol that appears next to a person’s name on Snapchat. It means that the person has removed you from their friend list or you have not accepted their friend request yet. For example, if you see an X next to John’s name, it means that John has unfriended you or you have not added John as a friend yet.
X often indicates that someone does not want to communicate with you on Snapchat. It can also clear your chat history with someone or block their account.
How to Use X on Snapchat?
Using X on Snapchat is very easy. All you need to do is:
- Open the chat page on Snapchat and find the person’s name with an X next to it.
- Tap the person’s name, and you will see two options: Okay and Report or Block.
- Tap Okay if you want to accept their friend request or add them back as a friend.
- Tap Report or Block if you want to report their account for abuse or block them from contacting you
- Alternatively, you can tap the X next to the person’s name, and you will see three options: Report, Block, or Clear Conversation.
- Tap Report if you want to report their account for abuse.
- Tap Block if you want to block them from contacting you.
- Tap Clear Conversation to delete your chat history with them.
You can also use X in your chats to remove someone from your friend list or clear your chat history with them. Just swipe left on their name and tap the X icon.
What Are Some Alternative Meanings of X?
X can also have different meanings depending on the context and the platform. Here are some common alternative meanings of X:
- Kiss: X can be used as an abbreviation for a kiss in text messages or online chats. For example, “I love you x.”
- Wrong: X can be used as a symbol for wrong in quizzes or games. For example, “You got 3 out of 5 questions right and 2 x.”
- Multiply: X can be a symbol for multiplying in math or algebra. For example, “2 x 3 = 6.”
- Variable: X can be used as a symbol for a variable in math or algebra. For example, “Solve for x in the equation x + 2 = 5.”
The X symbol means that someone has removed you from their friend list or you have not accepted their friend request yet.
You can use the X symbol to accept or reject their friend request, report or block their account, or clear your chat history.
The X symbol can also mean kiss, wrong, multiply, or variable, depending on the context and the platform.
On the chat page, you will see an X symbol next to their name.
You will not see their name or username on the app. You can also try searching for their name to see if it appears.
You can swipe left on their name and tap the X icon.
You can tap their name and tap the Okay button.
You can tap their name and the Report or Block button. You can also swipe left on their name, tap the X icon, and choose Report or Block.
You can swipe left on their name, tap the X icon, and then choose Clear Conversation.
A Snapstreak is a number that shows how many consecutive days you and a friend have exchanged snaps.
You and your friend must send each other at least one snap daily.
Some other symbols and acronyms on Snapchat are:
Fire emoji: Indicates a Snapstreak with a friend.
Hourglass emoji: Indicates that your Snapstreak with a friend is about to end.
Smiley face emoji: Indicates a best friend on Snapchat.
Gold star emoji: Indicates that someone has replayed your snap in the past 24 hours.
Red heart emoji: Indicates that you and a friend have been each other’s best friend for two weeks.
Pink hearts emoji: Indicates that you and a friend have been each other’s best friend for two months.
Screenshot icon: Indicates that someone has taken a screenshot of your snap.
Replay icon: Indicates that someone has replayed your snap.
SMH: Stands for Shaking My Head. It means that you are disappointed or disapproving of something.
LOL: Stands for Laughing Out Loud. It means that you find something funny or amusing.
BRB: Stands for Be Right Back. It means that you are leaving for a short time but will return soon.
X is a common symbol on Snapchat that means eXit. It shows that someone has removed you from their friend list or you have not yet accepted their friend request. X can also have other meanings depending on the context and the platform. Some of them kiss, wrong, multiply, and variable. Now that you know what X means on Snapchat, you can use it confidently and correctly in your chats and snaps.